FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Why does being a member of Mount Mansfield Villages cost me money?
The Village has expenses for software, insurance, national village network dues, volunteer background checks, copying, etc.
- How are volunteers screened? Can I be sure it’s safe to let them in my house?
MMV will do a background check with the Vermont Crime Information Center (VCIC) and a Department of Motor Vehicles check for drivers.
- Can I be a volunteer and a member?
Yes, we encourage our members to be volunteers.
- What are the office hours for Mount Mansfield Villages?
Our staff monitors voicemail and can return messages Monday-Friday.
- Does Mount Mansfield Villages, Inc. have an office?
Mount Mansfield Villages does not currently have a physical office.
- Can I pay by the month instead of all at once?
If annual payment is a hardship, please call our office to arrange a payment schedule.
- What if I don’t have a computer? Can I still request services?
Yes, our phone number is 802-858-5381, and you can leave a message detailing your request or ask for a call back. Messages are monitored Monday-Friday.
- What if I need something that is not on the list of provided services?
You can make a request and we will try to find a volunteer to assist you.
- Do I have to live in Cambridge, Underhill, or Jericho to be a member or volunteer?
We will try our best to enroll members in neighboring towns depending on our resources. We welcome volunteers from any town. Please call MMV for more information.
- Can a volunteer bring his/her son or daughter when performing a service for a member?
Yes, with a couple of conditions. (1) The volunteer should ask the member if he/she is comfortable with the son or daughter joining them. (2) The son or daughter must not do any of the “work” unless the son or daughter has completed the volunteer training.
Please email any questions to MountMansfieldVillages@gmail.com.